Imo man abducted by Ebubeagu, released after 3 months in detention

*Family allegedly paid N300,000 to secure release

The last may not have been heard about the atrocious and reprehensible activities of Ebubeagu Security Outfit in and around Orlu zone.

The latest in the series of unlawful activities of the dreaded Imo State government owned outfit is the release of one Simeon Chinonso Okereke, an indigene of Ogberuru in Orlu Local Government Area of Imo State after he allegedly paid the sum of #300,000 to secure his release.

It was gathered that Simeon who was whisked away on March, 22, 2023, by operatives of the Ebubeagu security outfit on the trumped up charge of having conspired with some unidentified people to kidnap his cousin.

Information available to our news desk indicate that the victim who was whisked away from his compound at Ogberuru on March, 22, this year, was released on Wednesday, June, 21, after spending 3 months in detention.

A family source who spoke to our reporter shortly before he was released, said they were looking for money. When asked what the money was for, he said they were asked by Ebubeagu operatives to pay the sum of three hundred thousand naira (300,000) for the release of Simeon.

When Simeon was eventually released by the Department of State Service DSS, the source who told our reporter about the payment of #300,000 thousand naira, said, ‘’we are really confused because he was arrested and initially detained by operatives of Ebubeagu Security outfit. But he was release after 3 months in detention by the DSS. We don’t actually know whether it is Ebubeagu or DSS that collected the money we gave for his release.

‘’They also attempted to assassinate me but I was lucky to escape. Since then we have neither seen nor heard from my husband, while I have also been in hiding with my three female children’’.

‘’To our dismay and that of others who are not happy about the wicked plot against us, the same Odinaka who was said to have been kidnapped and killed by my husband and for whose sake he was whisked away, came back home on March, 29, 2023, seven days after they took my husband away’’.

He was seen by people rejoicing and jubilating that they have succeeded in putting my husband out of circulation. The irony of it all is that Odinaka who was said to have been kidnapped and killed by my husband and for whose sake my husband has been detained by Ebubeagu militia since March, 22 has been in his father’s house since he came back. He has also been walking about freely, while my husband’s whereabout has remained unknown since then’’.

The distraught woman called on the security agencies, the state government and men and women of goodwill to come to her aid.

‘’I have been in hiding with my children since then, while they have taken possession of our Suzuki ladies motorcycle, lands and other properties. We need assistance to enable us go back to our community now that it has been confirmed that Odinaka who was used as a ploy to get at us is not dead as mischievously claimed. They did it to get rid of us and appropriate our properties’’ she lamented.

Credit: Nigerian Watchdog

0Shares

Recommended For You

About the Author: Admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *